Sunday, July 14, 2024

The Security Apparatus Hates Public Health

One of the absolute dumbest things the security apparatus has done to me (and there are countless) is steal my air conditioner because, wait for it, I actually prefer to not destroy the environment and public health.

Leaving aside the bizarre notion of stealing my air conditioner on the hottest day of the summer if they claim it's so vital, it makes absolute no sense to use air conditioning.  People have been living in this area for thousands of years without it (of course, most of them were dispossessed of that land and exterminated by the state).  As the fine people of "The Atlantic" wrote when they were taking a break from properly decrying the horrific environmental evil of lawn mowing, fewer than 1% of US homes had ac in the 1940s, and my 1947 home does just fine without it.

Of course, they've now invented some nonsense about how humidity is bad for paint or some other stupidity to try to justify their addiction and decades of environmental destruction.  Why, my middle school never had air conditioning and I never saw any peeling paint even in the boys locker room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment